Silueta Bilingual Magazine
Our Planet, Our Home
By Rose Arizmendi
What are the political, social, economical and spiritual ramifications of our everyday actions? What effects will our diminishing rainforest have on the quality of our children lives when they are grown? These questions are the beginning of a Global Co
nsciousness of how we are connected to everyone and everything on this planet. The earth has always reached out to us, and now it is our turn to reach back with greater awareness and lend a helping hand to save our world and her dwindling resources.
Here are listed some suggestions.
- Recycle - Find out where the nearest recycling center is and recycle your cans, bottles, cardboard, plastics and newspapers.
- Be aware of excessive packaging, specially of food, and of your disposables. Minimize your use of plastics. Use cloth napkins, dish towels and sponges instead of indiscriminate use of paper towels and napkins.
- Be conscious of what you pour into (your waterways) by way of our sinks, toilet, shower and bathtub.
- Become conscious about your use of fuel for transportation, find ways to decrease your consumption (carpools, city bus system, bicycles). Plan your shopping trips and errands to minimize expenditure of gas consumption.
- Learn to garden, grow your own vegetables and herbs.
- Children learn by example. Teach your children to respect plants, animals and people.
- Support efforts to limit animal experimentation. Find out what is in the products you use and if they are free of animal testing.
Voice your opinions on these issues.
© 1994 - 2019 Silueta Magazine™ All Rights Reserved (ISSN 1077-4718 Print version)
No part of this publication may be printed or otherwise reproduced without
written permission of the publisher. Ninguna parte de esta
publicación puede ser imprimida o reproducida sin permiso por
escrito del publicador